View Single Post
      04-19-2018, 01:40 PM   #1
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Thinking about getting a fiat 500 daily

I drive in stop and go traffic every day, about 40 miles round trip (live in Northeast LA and commute to Santa Monica, those that know will know).

The 135i is getting about 17 mpg doing this type of driving, and probably suffering wear and tear with all the stop and go.

I currently have a 2003 g35 sedan as a "Daily" that I basically stopped driving because it's an old pos when compared to the 1er. Car is a money pit, japanese reliability is extremely over stated (my mazdaspeed 3, honda s2000 and g35 have been the 3 most unreliable cars I've ever owned). So yes, looking at a Fiat is probably the wrong answer as a daily as reliability goes, but they look fun.

I missed out on the 80$ a month with 0 down deals we had all over so cal last year on the fiat 500e. My work has free charger stations, the parking here is terrible, so the size and money saving on gas is very appealing, I've also heard the 500e has amazing handling.

But I'm an idiot that likes fast cars, and I've always loved the Abarth (especially after Michael Schumacher said it was his daily and favorite car on Top Gear).

Low mileage 500e's and 500 abarths are selling for under 10k here (40k miles and under).

Anyone have any experience with either? I'm going to buy (or lease if the deal comes back) one or the other, I can't deal with putting this much stress on the 135i (and the hundreds of dollars a month on gas, both cars will pay for themselves in gas savings alone).
Appreciate 0