View Single Post
      01-07-2019, 08:31 PM   #67
luv4greenleaves
Rep
Drives: 2014 750xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecheng77 View Post
I sympathize with the OP, but I can assure you as someone who has owned 4 Hondas, BMWs can be as reliable as Japanese cars with much better rust resistance, if you pick the right model. My E90 is bullet proof and is such a joy to drive. At best, the Hondas were decent to drive, but the BMW takes it to the next level.

You unfortunately, bought the most unreliable engine BMW ever made, bar none. They pushed new technology without having a proven design and you will be paying the price. The older 7 series used to be decently reliable.

Best advise is to sell it and buy a BMW with an inline 6. The V8s in all their incarnations over the years have had issues, but the older V8s non turbo charged had less issues. The NA inline 6s are bullet proof, and the N55 Turbo 6s onward are decently reliable. Just stay away from the N54. Good luck and happy motoring.

Unfortunately I have been told by many advisors that the 7 & 5 series bimmers are all like this. New or old. The only bulletproof car is the 3 series but at that price I'd save my money and go back to a camry. I've bought extended o for $3K and so far so good. I'm praying to God I never have to use it but I'm pretty sure I will. I love the car but the reliability is complete trash for a $130K car. My plan is to hold on for 3 more years and dump.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00