09-19-2021, 03:55 PM   #15
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvladv View Post
Really? From my experience most people will tell you to get a Toyota or Lexus if you want reliability, lately Kia and Hyundai, most people would tell you to avoid BMW or pretty much any other German car for some reason. I had 2 E39's before 525i and 530d, never had a single issue with them, a F13 640 not a single issue, can't say anything about my newly(used) G11 though.. had it for almost 2 months and it's been in a garage for 2 weeks now, waiting for them to fix the air suspension, I am really considering giving up on it, did it ever happen to you to hate a car that you just bought? :/
I didn't say Japanese cars weren't reliable just boring in general, I always get new cars and I've never been let down but I make sure they are run properly and treated well (others don't hence you can buy a used car and be surprised as its been abused before you got it).

One exception to that rule of new cars was my first 7 series and I regretted it as it wasn't right something was off with it so I sold it on after 12 months. (you always run that risk when buying used)

The only car I've ever bought that I didn't like was an F31 335d xdrive perfectly reliable just not my cup of tea.

You can only speak as you find and I've always found my BMWs to be reliable, I've got a 14 year old Z4C on drive that I've owned since new and its still going strong.