View Single Post
      02-09-2021, 08:24 AM   #20
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by picaso View Post
I'm confused. Isn't this refresher rather early? Feels just like yesterday they released the last 7 series. Boy time flies!
G11 production is July 2015 - June 2022. It's a very typical seven year cycle.

Also, once the G26 4GC and G42 2er Coupe release this July, every RWD BMW model will have moved to CLAR. So, it's time for the CLAR generation two to begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
The first one will be the BMW M750e which will be a plug-in hybrid using a 3.0 liter straight-six petrol engine combined with an electric motor for a total output of over 500 HP. Think of it as a replacement for the current BMW 750i if you will, with that beautiful 4.4-liter twin-turbo 530 HP V8 under the hood.
Yes, this is very likely the case, but it's important to remember that not all G70 models are known yet, so we can't be certain that a V8 will be left out of the lineup. While a non-hybridized V8 is indeed unlikely, BMW may yet intend to build an N68 counterpart to the upcoming electrified S68 M engine. Especially when it comes to the next generation X7 (a product which sells in far greater numbers than the 7 Series), it's not immediately clear that an M50e I6 PHEV model can adequately fill the hole left by removing the M50i V8 model. While it's true that the S68 could theoretically take over in that roll, that would likely bump the price significantly. In any case, if the next X7 does get a V8, it opens up the possibility for it to be shared with the G70.
Appreciate 0