View Single Post
      01-07-2019, 08:31 PM   #68
luv4greenleaves
Rep
Drives: 2014 750xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
I made the mistake of buying a used 5.0 XJ before doing enough research to discover that Ford screwed up the water pump design. Mine failed big time on I-40 with enough residual heat to trash the motor. The problem was exacerbated by Jaguar damping (or trick f'ing) the temperature gauge to the point that it was easy to believe I had a sensor fault regarding coolant.

There were two attempts to change the motor and my SA advised I dump the car as that much disturbance of the wiring "often leads to issues". That was 100% true as the first time I tried to pick up the car it seems that somebody missed a vital motor ground connection.

I thought I was good to go as the car before the XJ was a 4.2 XKR which was faultless other than the usual Jaguar infotainment sensitivity to battery voltage. The only other thing wrong with the XKR was the state of the roads in the desert SW, if you get my drift.

My point in all this is to back up the OP in his assertion that a FLAGSHIP model should not exhibit these kinds of issues. It tarnishes the entire brand. You could not give me a V6 or V8 Jaguar with a pre-2015 water pump in it today.
My point exactly. Flagship my a$$
Appreciate 0