View Single Post
      07-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #3
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

Weather, News are gone completely from the iDrive menu. If I enter a destination on the iDrive, there are no traffic data available and will not give alternate route to avoid traffic as it did before the firmware update. This firmware update is not the software update that one downloads from BMW ConnectedDrive to update the media. This is an update for the ECU. I will let you know the version when I get the car today assuming the dealer is done with it.

Under what section can I find the version number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlin101 View Post
You mean weather and news are completely gone from the menu or just blanked out? Make sure those items were checkboxed in Connected Drive menu to appear on the desktop.
Software update is only for the Evo system (Telephone, Media and Navi) and does NOT affect the base map date (your map basis will always reflect whatever version it was equipped when produced, unless you update it with new map data, which BMW doesn't do). You can go into Connected Drive account setting and pick your region, and the system will automatically update the maps in that region (the it will take awhile get to 2019-2, because it has to go through each update sequentially, eg. 2015-4, 2016-1, 2016-2, etc). BTW, what's the latest version of the software?
Appreciate 0