01-16-2020, 08:48 PM   #248
nicky dj
Chelsea Football Club
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
Is this what kids are like nowadays? Sit down? When I just complemented both cars?! Now that's funny. I've owned 2 M3's, 2 M5's, and have had seat time in every other M model. I've also had significant seat time in the M340i, which is a beast.

I'm sure you think you know everything about me, but you're acting foolish in trying to argue something that I wasn't even arguing or disputing in the first place.

And yeah I put brembos, tune, stickier tires on my M3 because like many enthusiasts we always want more from our cars. LMFAO we have nothing to prove. I just love cars.
I didn't see where you complemented both cars. I did notice how you stated both cars were "night and day difference" which is absolutely not the case, and that you mentioned BMW diluting the "M" brand which is the essence of this whole thread; M fan boys feeling that their car is diluted with the M brand being over saturated.

My point all along is that "YES" BMW is diluting M as a whole with all these M ADD-ON packages and trims you can add to a 540i for example (which they need to get rid of) HOWEVER an M340i, X340i, M550i, X6 M50... is a separate class that are built from the ground up and absolutely beasts of cars worthy of the M moniker performance wise and I don't think people —especially you would think M aficionados such as yourself— realize that. Give me an M550i any day!
Appreciate 2