04-19-2018, 02:55 PM   #45
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
I don't want a message on my dash when I'm in Turns 18-20 of my favorite road course on a track day. I want a gauge so I know when trouble is coming -- not when it's already happened.

Similarly, I don't want a message on my dash to tell me that my engine is overheating because the cooling fan just failed on my 2 Series. I want a gauge to be able to monitor when a problem might be coming -- not when it's already here.

And finally, no dash message is going to tell me that my car actually runs cooler in sportier driving modes -- a handy fact to know if, like me, you drive in temperatures well over 100 degrees.

Shall I go on?

Sorry. We'll agree to disagree here.
I drive in the same temps.... you are in DFW? We are going to have to have a beer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figurka View Post
Idk, may you track more than I do. But never had any issues with low oil pressure on a track.
I mis-typed earlier.. I meant oil temp...but you know what. I ALSO would take oil pressure..

it's a freaking DIGITAL dash .. they should be able to incorporate information from ALL kinds of sensors..... with the ability to SELECT or HIDE different options..
So.. if you don't want Oil pressure.. then fine.. but @viffermike and I do.. then we should be able to.

I mean holy crap.. An AIM dash will give you the world..

https://www.aimtechnologies.com/car/

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 04-19-2018 at 03:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00