View Single Post
      09-16-2017, 11:23 PM   #93
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

So BMW has decided to cop the sign of "exclusivity" by taking the idea of "Black Cards" by credit companies and using that premise for their top of the line "luxury" roundels (ie. American Express Centurion and MasterCard's named Black Card - also marketed as their "Luxury Card") ... pretty sad and fairly "on the nose" as far as marketing.

The silly part of the whole black logo with Bayerische Motoren Werke written on is ... it kinda flies in the face of the whole idea that these vehicles are supposed to be the future of luxury ... while putting a logo from 100 yrs ago on it. But then again they're taking a marketing idea that started as an urban legend from back in the '80s ... and made a reality back in 2009 --- gee once again using marketing from the past to show your car is the future. Whatever. Weak Sauce.

BMW is beginning on the path to being as lost regarding its identity as Lincoln.

I think most of us will know that the 7/8 Series, X7 and i8 are exclusive vehicles by their MSRP alone ... no need for a special black roundel.

I guess us peasants can continue to purchase the 2,3,4,5,6 Series' - X1,X3,X4,X5,X6 - i3 - And various M series vehicles and keep our commoners badge - Blue and White "BMW" roundels ... BUT the 7/8 Series X7 and i8 ... those are exclusive and deserved of the coveted Black and White "Bayerische Motoren Werke" roundel. Oy Vey.
Appreciate 1