View Single Post
      04-01-2020, 11:13 PM   #6
GnatGoSplat
Rep
Drives: Acura MDX

I'm still shopping as well, but what you've read/heard about N63 vs B58 is the same as what I've read. As a DIYer, I've also looked up repair procedures for parts that commonly fail on cars in general (i.e. starter, alternator, water pump, etc) and I can tell you the B58 is significantly easier to work on than the N63TU2. The starter R&R procedure, for example, is particularly scary on the V8s, but relatively straight-forward on the I6. Even if you're not a DIYer, I think that translates to much cheaper repair costs. On the other hand, I've also read the V8 is tons more fun, so I'm still undecided but strongly leaning towards V8.

Luxury rear seating is available on the 740, it's just really, really rare. There's a black one at a Brooklyn dealership with it. Haven't seen one with B&W. It might just be people or companies that buy 740s are more frugal and only add the necessities. For me, Autobahn package and Executive Drive Pro are on my "must have" list, and I haven't seen a single 740 with those options yet. It's possible to build a new 740 with just about every option, but not sure if that was the case in 2016-17.
Appreciate 0