View Single Post
      10-29-2017, 10:35 AM   #113
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Hello everyone,

Hope all is well.

Service appointment scheduled Tuesday and some insight before my visit would be helpful.

The last work done to my engine was replacement of some injectors this past January.

My car has since been calling for oil frequently, this past interval being a mere 655 miles.

Some questions:

1. What’s the current procedure for the dealer to determine what the problem is? Is this something that will need multiple visits, where they top off oil and wait for me to return with the same problem? I’d like to get down to the problem now if possible, as I, myself, have been topping off oil upon the car’s request.

2. Does the car save / catalog each time it’s requested additional oil? How does it save this information; date, time, mileage? If so, shouldn’t this be sufficient for the dealer to see that the car has been demanding oil on a regular basis vs. my having to return to the dealer again in the future?

3. What could the possible causes be? I don’t see oil stains on the ground of where I park. Valve stems? What work is needed to replace same? A major job? Is BMW covering the costs at all?

Always thought I was immune to this problem, but now an issue. I’ve also always gotten horrendous mileage, around and below 10 mpg’s. Never complained of same, but my 200 or so mile range is getting to me. Any thoughts on same would also be helpful.

Thank you very much!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0