View Single Post
      07-23-2019, 10:04 PM   #2
Alex00
Rep
Drives: BMW 750i

I took delivery of my 750 July 5th. I ordered the luxury instead of the M trim, with almost every option except rear screens or the executive lounge.

I love this car. It’s my fist BMW so I can’t compare to previous models. It’s not my daily driver so I’m not even close to the break in so I’m still driving it like a grandma. That said the one time I punched it, it was much quicker than I expected.

I have 20” wheels with run flats. I know that’s not the best combo for ride quality, but it’s incredibly smooth over most roads. There is a section near my house that is incredibly rough in my other cars. It feels like fresh asphalt in the 750. I’ve found nothing unsettling when driving over bumps or potholes at slow or any speed. I have no complaints about the ride, it’s exactly what I expected it to be. There is one patch of freeway that is about a mile long near me that makes run flats howl. This car does it too, and you can hear it, but not very well. It was deafening in my last car. When I pay attention, I can’t hear much, if anything outside during normal driving. There is a distinct lack of exterior noise.

As far as on-paper, it’s half a second quicker 0-60 than my last car. To me, that was a quick car. I can’t wait for the break in so I can punch it. I know it’ll really be for straight line fun, but I’m ok with that.

I got it for $7500 less than sticker, with $20k down my payments were $2200 before adding warranty and junk. Overall I’m very happy. I love that at 6’4” someone my size can fit comfortably behind me.
Appreciate 0