04-21-2022, 03:18 PM   #64
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewQ View Post
I am LOLing at all the people across the internet who are not in the market for this car, decrying it as the end of BMW.

Please, opine on your FWD 2.5L I4 crossover all you want. Once you're ready to drop $130K+ for a car, then we'll talk.

Oh what, are you going to go buy an A8 or LS500 now? Not a chance, this car was never for you.

It looks like a more modern baby Rolls-Royce, which is exactly what it should be. It's literally as long as the previous generation Ghost now.

Is it perfect? No. But as someone actually in the market for this car, I can tell you my impression is generally positive, and continually improving from this morning, when I admit I wasn't sure what to make of this.
I actually am a person who can afford this, but to me, it only looks ok all blacked out with only the DRLs on. Once the headlights are also on it looks wrong, even in black. I wouldn't buy a Lexus instead of this though, would just make my move to Porsche permanent, a Panamera executive or get the Taycan 4S CT I am on the waiting list for. I have zero idea why people assume those who don't care for the new exterior cannot afford it.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0