Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3, 2017 BMW M760I

Garage List
2017 BMW M760i  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derived View Post
Thanks so much, greatly appreciate it.

To everyone else, thanks for the input on what products to use. I actually used a fairly cheap car wash soap the other night to simply get it clean and it came out quite well, so I'm a bit less worried about that now. Cannot believe how much brake dust this thing produces however. Considering getting at least the front wrapped, would be a real shame for an errant rock to ruin the perfect paint.

My car came with the all-weather matts in addition to the carpets, and they are quite nice. Not quite Weathertech but they do the job. I have Weathertech matts in the M5 and the carpet in that car still looks new after all these years. Of course, in a car like this, I don't really want to drive around with plastic floors all the time. The eternal struggle...

Also interested to see if anyone has experience with the Ammo products, he seems to put some real thought and effort into everything he sells.

Also...wondering how many of you are running runflats vs. not. My car came with the Goodyears, and I imagine that the ride, handling, noise and grip would be improved with non-RF tires. They have plenty of tread so not replacing any time soon but wondering if anyone has made the switch.

My M760I also come with GoodYear (Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Run-Flat) and I suggest you to replace four of them asap. Those run-flat has extremely hard sidewalls that destroy the ride comfort (can cause earthquake-like experience when hitting a pole hole) as well as brake performance (longer braking distance, sliding forward at hard brakes). Also, those GoodYear run-flat are easy to break, and cost a lot to replace (500+ dollars per tire). My left front tire break right after I received the car (due to pole hole). Since mine also have a whole lot of tread life remain, I decide to replace a single tire instead of changing all of them. After 8 months, I regret my decision. Because both the front tires got bulges on the sidewall and I end up replacing each of them again. Cost me almost 1500 dollars on three tires...

As a result, I strongly suggest you to replace all of them together at early stage (keep the run-flat as spare tires, or put them on while you are selling to next owner). Spend 1600 dollars on 2 pair of Michelins non-RFT and you will have a car that performs well, and ride like a dream.

If you want to keep the run-flat on the car, just make sure it has high pressure (46 psi) so it won't break easily, you can refer to this post: https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/r...ailure.907062/

Anyway, congrats on the new car!

Pics of my M760I:
Attached Images

Last edited by TrafficJam; 07-07-2022 at 10:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
Derived16.00