09-16-2022, 02:18 PM   #63
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbitch View Post
Any thoughts?
I'm surprised that you are still with the car. Here in the USA we don't have the diesel option, so our cars do drive differently. Otherwise I'd expect the suspension and whatnot to be the same.

In my experience, the most noticeable change you can make to your car, any car, is the tires. That is the one single connection to the road, and how they respond to pavement, weather, traction, turns, etc. can make or break your driving enjoyment.

I don't have any of the complaints I've read in this thread about handling, and that may just be because I have an Alpina, which has a differently tuned suspension. It is super flat through the turns, transitions, etc. even in comfort mode. This is still a huge, massive, heavy car especially in the LWB configuration that we're forced to get in the USA market, but the handling is quite impressive on 21" with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires.

Ditch those continentals and get some nice Michelin tires. The A/S 4+ are very nice, quiet and handle well. Yes, they are expensive. You drive a BMW 7 series, you can afford it.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0