04-22-2022, 12:36 PM   #10
mws
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8, X5M, M760i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.j.ghosh View Post
Self Parking???

Tell me more... when was it available and what does it do?
I have a 2019 M760i xDrive with the display key. I can guide it using the key - is that that self parking you are talking about?
Self parking is referred to in a list of options as “parking assist”. It will parallel park or even try to rearward park into an open space. I have it. Scary as heck and not for me. If the car suddenly detects it thinks it I’ll hit something, it JAMS on the brakes super hard. Feels like you hit something. You have to get out, verify you are ok, relax your heart and continue parking.

The procedure is outlined in several YouTube videos online. If you get a 2017 or 2018 make sure you watch a video from that year, the later years even have memory, where it an drive around autonomously thru the parking lot. Earlier ones cannot.

“Remote parking” is where you can actually use your touchscreen remote key fob ( no you cannot add this to the car later, I checked, the feature has to come with the car) and it will pull straight into or out of a space with you OUT of the car only. If your car has remote parking but you did not get the fob, you can get one from BMW and open your wallet for about $1500, including programming.

Last edited by mws; 04-24-2022 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0