08-07-2018, 06:53 AM   #1
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Angry Volkswagen lease? Never again

Got a good offer from Carmax for my 2017 Jetta so went back to sell it to them yesterday. I already had all the payoff info from VWC. Carmax needed VWC to verify. Carmax calls & VWC faxes over a letter with a payoff $1,800 higher than what I was told.

I call and they tell me call the dealer I bought the car from after talking with 3 or 4 different people that didn't know anything & told me it was b/c Carmax has to pay tax since it's not me paying it off then I'm told Carmax has to buy it for FMV.

Call dealer & talk to finance guy. He said that $1,800 higher price is wrong, but doesn't know what $ is right & also says they are probably asking for FMV.

WTF?! The payoff is the payoff, it doesn't matter who is mailing you the damn check! I'm going to call VWC again today & fight some more, but looks like they are screwing me into keeping this car until I sell it privately. I have good friends that were in the car business for many years & even they say this is bs & wrong.

:mad0 260:

UPDATE:
So I just had a good friend that was in the car business for many years call VWC & they are essentially trapping lease clients in their cars. They told him when you try to sell the car to a dealership, VW Financial exercises their actual ownership of the vehicle. As such, they want the dealer to pay "fair market value", which has nothing to do with what I owe on it.

I will never do business with VW Financial again

Last edited by Never_Enough; 08-07-2018 at 09:24 AM..
Appreciate 0