View Single Post
      08-07-2018, 09:36 AM   #8
Blackscreen67
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6M

I considered buying an R-line Atlas 4motion for my wife as a car that could get beat on with our kids, and my dealership experience was fucking horrific! Not to mention looking back that car is incredibly underpowered, worse than jeeps are!

Had the GM at a dealer in North Tx pull a bait and switch on me after I paid my deposit to secure the car, they raised the price $5k when I got there and when called on it the told me "because we can". I told him I drove the 4 hrs to pick it up pay 2 year lease up front and trailer it back and that if I wouldnt have done such if I knew they were playing a game and they were violating false advertising laws in TX. His response was that's fine have a lawyer send me a letter, and had the nerve to tell me that he suspected me of trying to commit fraud with them since I brought up the fact that it would've been less hassle to just buy one I saw in DC and have it shipped to Texas. The fool said that made no sense to him, and there are plenty of VW dealerships in Texas to shop from.

Drove back home after getting my deposit back, and sent the GM the Texas State Statutes regarding deceptive sales practices.

Contacted the Texas AG office with all the information and they started a claim.
Appreciate 3
P111572.00
XMetal1137.50
minn1914037.50