View Single Post
      01-23-2018, 07:54 AM   #5
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

I'm an IT Consultant, work as a Cloud Architect. Lots of business are after moving their IT to the cloud but there's a lack of enough people with good enough knowledge to make it happen at the rate most businesses would like. Hence the salaries have been climbing quite a bit year on year. It's still quite a bit behind what I could earn in the US to be honest but it's still reasonable.

I've probably an advantage of living in Peterborough vs High Wycombe. I can imagine my car payment plus mortgage might not even equal your mortgage. You get a lot of house for not that much money here considering I can still get into London in 52 minutes on the train.

Yeah at the minute I like the all rounder which I think the M760Li is pretty much it. It's not quite as focused as the M5 but it's closer than you might think. Close enough it'll keep me happy in that regard. Comfort, luxury, the lot.

However yes I think your right, once I don't need to drive the kids around much I'd be able to look at having a 2 seater which I would then be able to use a lot more of the time. I do wonder though if by the time that becomes possible I just won't be interested in doing it. A little part of me says I shouldn't waste so much money on cars but the other side tells me you only live once
Appreciate 0