Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
I was at bmw welt last year, it’s good, but I personally wouldn’t make another trip there for the fun of it unless you’re in the region.
Thanks 325_bucks, good to know, with my wife being German, barely need an excuse to hop over to the continent (whether to visit family, buy German goods and food or to finally visit the museum and headquarters. Driven by many times while away on work but just never could stop...so, been wanting to take this 7 over and have a go on the nicer roads and finally stop and see the museum. (appreciate the comment though!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Interesting idea. I'd been discussing with a guy on the same road who I'm good friends with and has an M2 about a road trip up around the Scotland North Coast 500. Never been up there and I believe they just about still speak English

It would be like taking an aircraft carrier with destroyer support. He'd also need to carry a boot load of fuel to keep me going. Hehe

That's a summer thing as in this weather he'd be likely to ruin my photos of the scenery with his M2 falling off a cliff or something.

Autobahn has to be something to probably do. Maybe need the M Drivers Package to get the limiter up to 190mph so you cannot keep up
Scotland likely would be brilliant as well, enjoy that if you do decide to go that direction, only been a few times but each time it was stunning scenery and little traffic really (and courteous) so likely a good option!

I'll likely do my trip over in May or June when work trips away calm down a bit so you or 325_bucks do feel like a run over let me know closer to the time.

Currently thinking my route would be over by ferry to Holland, do a night in Amsterdam, then try not to get a ticket through Holland, open it up once in Germany and head down to Munich for a night and see the museum, then continue on down to Northern Italy and Lake Como for a few days or weekend. I'd do a trip report when I do go, so will take you with me virtually in any case...

As to keeping up...I'll bow down now and say i'm not worthy' , you win. Would be great to drive a route with some fellow fans of the brand and with the same or older versions of the 7. A friend is likely to come along with his E65 7 as well (if he doesn't upgrade to the G models this year...)

Anyway, back to the topic, that list looks quite complete, can't think of anything else.

As a promised teaser to help that anticipation...

You'll love the details in the 7....for example the 7 stitching on the extra pillows for the rear headrests:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0