Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_AMG View Post
This is my second 7 series I cam out of my 2015 m5 to a 2016 7 series done the same way, I can't get away from the ride comfort and tech. It's amazing. I do miss the speed and power of the m5 though.
Nice, both look stunning by the way, very nice work. ^ Thanks for sharing and adding the comments about migrating from the M5...it seems a few M5ers have come over to the dark side!

Completely with you on the ride comfort and technology and value for money compared to any other BMW...on my second as well (but first was an F01)...hoping it will remain so for as long as I can drive!

Quote:
The ride quality on 22s is exactly the same to the stock 20s but when I do notice a difference is when it's lowered on bumps it's a little but tougher but still smoother than my lowered m5 was.
Ah, music to my ears...I love the way 22s look on the 7...but am concerned about ride quality on such a large rim and rubber band tire...not looking to lower at all, roads to bad here but had just about settled for 21's until your comment...22s would be stunning. (and proper Gangsta and Cat like!) Good to know, thanks again for the comments!

Quote:
My fiancé said the same thing
I hope you told her to "Never underestimate the power of the force?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
So this is an interesting comment. What size wheels did you have on your M5 and was it a competition pack?

My F10 M5 is on 19's because UK roads are pretty bad and not the comp pack either. I did drive a M5 on 20's with the comp pack and after an hour on some A / B roads I wanted to get out. It was too uncomfortable for a long trip. In reverse with 19's and without the comp pack it's super comfortable. Not quite a 7 series of course but still the most comfortable car I've owned to date.

This could be useful for Pelo Cat as he's interested in bigger wheels but also likes his comfort. The F10 M5 goes from one end of the spectrum to being extremely comfortable to the other end where I can imagine on 20's, comp suspension and lowered being too firm for our roads here. Hence if your M5 was on the worst side for comfort there, saying the 7 on 22's is better might still mean it wouldn't be good enough for Pelo Cat.

Not saying it isn't comfortable of course, just we've some awful roads in this country so have to compromise a little on the styling / looks to get a car that won't break our bones travelling down our roads
Would be great to know, I'd love 22s if the suspension would handle this and still provide a 'princess ride quality'...It would be the one thing I could lord it over FastLaneJB...

Safe travels.