Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
In fairness if I could get the new M5 for the price I got my old one it would have been hard to justify the 760 however it's more that I don't want to drive the same car 2 times in a row. You only live once, I want to try all sorts of different car types and ultimately... V12!!!

As it stands at the moment, the new M5 works out way more expensive than a 760. Not just a bit, but an awful lot. Once the dusts settled and probably a LCI who knows but maybe I'll be stuck on the comfort and tech of a 7 forever more by then.
No chance, once your backside is used to that suspension and ride...you'll be hooked on that alone, include the power and acceleration of the x-drive V12...for the road....and in 4 years time I envision an 'Oliver' with his bowl out saying 'please sir, I'd like some more!'

Quote:
My gut tells me that might be a step too far to still have the comfort you want. Can also just imagine your chances of cracking them on our lovely roads

Ideally you want to be able to get them and have a means to return if they aren't comfortable enough. Got to try it as it'll be quite a bit of money to drop, don't want to regret it for the ride.
Not to derail LOL_AMG's thread and this stunning ride, but yeah, good point about cracking them on bad roads...and there are plenty in Southampton, where I am every week...so 21's may be a good compromise. Can't imagine anyone being willing to let me try them and then return them if they are too harsh, only chance is to find a AUV in the line up with 21's and see if I can give that a spin...Don't think BMW do an official 22 do they? (that fits on the 7, not looked but seems they are usually aftermarket.) Definitely won't get two cracks at this so need to be sensible!

I do love how the 22s on LOL_AMG make the (brake) disks look like a child's toy they are so small in comparison! Those are some massive and beautiful rims. ^

Quote:
I'm happy with the 20s that the 760 have unique to them, I think they look pretty cool. I've also no problems with a bit of rubber so don't need the biggest wheels you can fit. A sensible compromise between looks and comfort I think.

We'll have to meet up though so you can try mine on 20's and me try yours on 18's if you still have 18's.
Yeah, I imagine that if I had got 19s or 20s I'd stick with one rim and just swap tires out for the seasons but as I'm on the Princess/Poor Man 18s, I'll mix it up a bit...The ones vivaltaReagan has are still my front runners in 21s. If I was a completely black rim type of guy then these 22s above are brilliant as they are a lovely radial spoke style I love...the m550 5 spoke are also stunning but as mentioned, I'm personally not a 5 spoke rim person. (that does look great on MSport or sporty cars...mine's a posh mattress on wheels.

Definitely have to meet up, would be great to try another 7 (especially such a special one, hell, I'd be happy to just get a ride...but yeah, happy for you to try out the 18s and princess mode....be careful...you may like it!

Back to that black beauty: Its too bad you can't get a red icon adaptive daytime lights setup LOL_AMG...that would finish the look off brilliantly and scare lesser cars from your path!