Thread: CarPlay issues
View Single Post
      04-17-2018, 04:17 AM   #8
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

For me, I think the benefits of CarPlay JUST outweighs not using it.

I never scrolled through my music before, I've always used Spotify which always worked the way you described even without CarPlay, so I'm happy with with it like that. The benefit is that I can have access to more Spotify playlists and the created content and then put it on shuffle which is good. I can't search which is a pain but I can deal with that.

it would be nice to be able to scroll through my contacts on the HUD but now it just pops up on the CarPlay screen and all my contacts are fairly well organised so it's ok. If you use the idrive controller it jumps to the letters of the alphabet quickly to move down the list.

I still use BMW nav completely, I don't use apple maps all so can't comment on that. I use apps like Overcast daily, and the integration of WhatsApp is amazing, being able to have them read out and then dictate them back is great.

Like I said, it definitely has it's negatives, it can be slow because its wireless and sometimes the connection is a bit flaky and of course the functionality has the scope to be massively improved but I hope over time it will be, until then I'm happy with what I get over the idrive but my use is not the same as everyone
Appreciate 0