Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
I'll double check this Pelo Cat as it certainly wanted to charge for Online Entertainment. Or you mean you can get Deezer for 3 years but just not inbuilt into the car like with Online Entertainment?
The catch is that you MUST sign up for an account using the car idrive system to create the deezer plus account. If you do that, you'll get full access to deezer for free for 3 years with the purchase of the car. You can then use deezer on any other device for that time using the same account details without extra charge.

However, if you create the account via a web page on your computer, iPhone, etc...it will want to charge you or create the trial account...and then you don't benefit from the BMW agreement with them. You can of course log in using the same details on your BMW but it won't be using the BMW free 3 year period of the plus account.

Its a pain as you have to set it up in the car first but then everything works fine.

When you have the BMW account, it then lets you use the Deezer app on the phone/computer without issue using those login details and you have nothing to pay. (well outside of the BMW payments!)

I think you can also opt for Napster as well but that may only be for US customers.

Hope that helps, if you log in to connected drive page on BMW, you'll see the deezer account is indeed free for 3 years. I'll see if I can get a screen shot to show you what I mean.

Given its free and then can be used on other devices, I've taken it up...it should also sound good on your B & W system...just don't let 325_bucks know as he'll be jealous!