View Single Post
      07-12-2018, 06:55 AM   #32
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
The V12 760 will continue to be made and BMW have confirmed this thankfully! There was indeed a rumour going around (back in Feb. 2018) but the official BMW 7 series press speaker has since commented "The speculation is false (that the V12 760 will no longer be available). Our very successful 12 cylinder motor will also be offered in the future for the BMW 7 series." (Mr. Martin Schleypen, BMW).

From this source: 7-forum.com site (in German)

I do find it interesting that they have moved the rear reflectors from the original lower position (just above the tail pipes) to above the bumper and it seems in future back down to the bottom of the bumper! A small detail but one that intrigues me....

The huge kidney grill I have to say I'm not a fan of. The bar graph scaling for speed/rpm is also one that makes me think I'll try to get a 2018 low mileage 7 (G12 next time) in a year or two...used with low mileage I hope!

I also remember that in the past, the biggest issue with HID lamps were that they could appear to blind oncoming traffic if they were too small and focussed, and there was a move to disperse the light a bit more for a few years (rather than pin points)...we seem to be going back to small slits for lights which can look great for aesthetics but may be a wrong path for the 'dazzle factor' for oncoming traffic...especially as the lights move to a cooler (higher) colour temperature spectrum and brighter intensity.

I imagine the centre (lower) console will be similar to the 850 which seems to be very "Audi" like with a touch sensitive 'button' for a wild array of different settings...not something that attracts me personally. (I like the sleek, clean Euro lines of minimalism).

Anyway, will be interesting to see the beast when it is finally unveiled and get a proper real life view of the exterior and interior to make a better judgement at that time. Hoping there is a lot that will change still for the better!