08-03-2020, 06:18 AM   #25
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I just recently emerged from this particular rabbit hole on home office ergonomics. Read up a bit, but there's all these articles that talk about proper seating position, angles of your legs, elbows and spine, adjustable keyboard trays to get your forearms and wrists in the right alignment, monitor position relative to your eyes, and other stuff.

My wife and I both ended up with Humanscales as well. Diffrient World for her, Freedom for me. We sat in all the Humanscale and Herman Miller chairs. Which is a pain in the ass (pun) during a pandemic, but you really need to for a purchase like this.

Tbh what I really wanted was the Herman Miller soft pad because it looked so nice, but ergonomically the Freedom was the right choice. Only problem is I have to wait 4 damn weeks to get it 😡
Where did you go to test out all of the chairs? A lot of the places I have been do not have a massive selection of office chairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Are you currently lifting weights? If so, perhaps it's just a muscle imbalance or minor strain?

Are you sitting too far from you monitor which causes you to hunch over?

As for chair recommendations, "Gaming" chairs have excellent upper back support. I'd have one myself if my office wasn't so damn hot and I didn't have cats.

I bought a used H. Miller Areon(sp?) for $300 a few years ago and it works well for me but I still have to make sure I sit close enough to my desk so that I don't hunch.
Yes, currently lifting weights. Have been doing so for years now without break. I thought it was a type of strain initially, but like I said, I've had it for months now. I constantly stretch and roll it out.

My monitors are a little far, and I've recently moved my keyboard closer in attempt to not hunch as much.

$300 isn't too bad, I see a lot refurbished around the $500 range.
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3570.00