View Single Post
      08-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #68
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Still on generator here, still no cable either. We have a pretty abysmal DSL line which is currently a godsend. I saw what I believe is the cause of the cable outage (see pic) and frankly I'm surprised we still have the POTS line.

How about it. Maybe someday a president will actually be able to pass a meaningful infrastructure bill. In the meantime I may denude a piece of hillside behind us and install solar panels.
I'm not surprised POTS is still working. In my IT circles, POTS is considered ol' reliable. This is part of the reason why I still have POTS/land line service. Make fun of it all you want but it's shown to be very reliable. When I had my major outages, Comcast was dead yet my Verizon POTS service was still ticking.

It goes beyond the President in getting a proper electrical infrastructure in place in this country. It goes all the way down to the grass roots. There have been battles by neighbors/communities with the NIMBY attitude for various reasons.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1614889.50
wdb4673.00