View Single Post
      03-27-2015, 08:17 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

G11/G12 BMW 7 Series M Sport or M770i Spotted?

BIMMERPOST NEWS
G11/G12 7 Series M Sport or M770i Spotted?
COMMENTS

Although the next generation G11/G12 7 Series (G11 = short wheelbase / G12 = long wheelbase) has already been seen in its entirety (photos below), we've yet to see a model wearing the M Sport package, until now.

The M Sport front bumper and side skirts sets this prototype apart from previously spotted 7 Series. If you look closely, you'll also see quad pipes within the exhaust tips. Compare this to the standard 7 Series prototype, which is also pictured below.

If this was the actual rumored M770i, it would be difficult to tell based solely on the prototype's cosmetics as BMW's M Performance Automobile models also wear M Sport body kits. Previous rumors have speculated about a possible M770i xDrive powered by a twin-turbo V8.

The G11/G12 7 Series is built on BMW's new CLAR (Cluster Architecture) platform which underpins the next 3, 5, 6 and 7 Series models, and the next the X3, X4, X5, X6 and X7. It combines carbon fiber with high strength steel and aluminum to achieve what is expected to be significant weight savings.

Thus far, the following models and engines is known (from the upcoming BMW pipeline thread):

G11:
  • 50iX is the only potential short wheel base 7 series for the U.S.
G12:

The 740Li and 750Lxi begin production this July-August, followed by the 750Li which begins in November later this year.

The interesting G11/G12 options list discovered so far includes:

- LED lights standard with laser optional
- B&W audio
- Advanced parking assist
- Most optional wheel styles will be bi-color (I'm guessing similar to i cars?)
- Next gen drive assist
- Wifi hotspot
- i8 style display keyfob
- selective headlight beam (I'm sure everyone expected that)
- active steering still there for the clueless
- new climate related options: "heating comfort" and "ambient air" packages
- automatic parking with remote control
- touchscreen (confirming what was suggested by the recent spyshots)
- new drive assist is called "active comfort drive"
- gesture control (feel free to guess what this one might do)
- rear passenger oriented options will provide heated/massaged/ventilated lounge chairs and online entertainment
- wireless charging for phones

BMW 7 Series with M Sport body kit

BMW 7 Series with M Sport body kit

BMW 7 Series

Recently revealed (leaked) 730d:

Appreciate 0