View Single Post
      04-14-2015, 02:11 PM   #14
Trued
Trued
Sweden
Rep
Drives: Saab 9-3 AERO Convertible

Garage List
The whole idea with screens to replace the classic needles in wrong. From my professional Man-Machine-Interaction Human Factors background I say throw the screens out. A screen is like a lamp producing way to much blinding light. Physical needles are sharper than any screen can produce a fake needle with even more so fake shadows.
I like the way they have set up the dials in the M4 with the exception of color choice. They should have gone amber/orange needles and green light on the numbers etc. also the stupid designer silver dial rims have to go. Yes You get where I am heading.... to the instrument cluster of the SAAB 9000. The pinnacle of human centered design of any automobile. My colleagues at the Swedish Defense Research Agency (Swedish DARPA), "helped" Saab Automobile getting it right just as they had done in the cockpits of SAAB 37 VIGGEN and, 39 Gripen. Since SAAB does not make any cars today I think BMW with its very own aviation background should pick up the technological knowledge Saab possessed and make the BMW cars into real "Fighter Jets".