View Single Post
      06-22-2016, 12:50 AM   #2
Hattat
Rep
Drives: 2010 740li

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
I AM SO UPSET.

Any / all help with the following would be greatly appreciated.

Just got my car back from the dealer and noticed the damage to the rubber backing of the driver's door interior door grab in the photo attached.

With how OCD I am, I am so upset, as I'm going to make contact with this damage every time I get into my car now.

Anyone know what parts would fix same? I hope the wood need not be replaced, as same would be cost prohibitive. I asked my dealer's parts department, but they were having difficulty and said they'd need to get back to me.

And for those wondering if the dealer is going to cover same, I chickened out and left without complaining to my service advisor.

PISSED.

Same situation here. I am sorry to tell you that you need to purchase a whole door panel. The plastic backing trim under the wood trim is attached to the door panel with several plastic rivets.
There are several options. Either you will have to buy a new panel which is costly or you will buy a used door panel with a proper plastic trim. Then you will cut the plastic rivets on both panels and replace the damaged plastic trim on your current panel. For fixing you can use screw, washer and nuts instead of plastic rivets. They won`t be visible.
Appreciate 0