Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
I AM SO UPSET....
...And for those wondering if the dealer is going to cover same, I chickened out and left without complaining to my service advisor. PISSED.
That's apalling and I really feel for you.
Last two times my 640i was in there have been issues - first was a small but quite deep scratch on the wood trim which I positively KNOW that it wasn't there when I left it, second time they misfitted the front bumper so much so that there was a huge gap under the RH fog light. What really pissed me off was that the adviser tried to get me to accept the car as it was - it was late in the evening so I told him it was totally unacceptable, kept the loan car and said I'd be expecting a call first thing in the morning.
In the interim I emailed the service manager and dealer principal to express my dissatisfaction - kept it polite but I must have got my point across as it was fixed and they drove the car out to me.
I'm soon taking delivery of a new 640i and based on these bad experiences, I will get the service adviser to go over the car with me and note any pre-existing damage before it goes in.
You have to do this with BMW before you get a loan car - it can work both ways!
Appreciate 0