View Single Post
      09-14-2016, 05:50 PM   #15
tidal k
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f01 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
The Alpina B7 2013+ is 540HP with 538lb-ft.

I think a safe tune would be the one identical to that. I just think you should just steal the maps from the B7 and paste it. How come this cannot be done?

edit:
"Like the rest of the 2013 7-series lineup, the B7 has been refreshed this year. (It went on sale in the U.S. in this essential form as a 2011 model, and the previous-gen car was offered here, as well.) There are aesthetic tweaks to the front and rear ends, but the most notable update involves the fitment of BMW’s Valvetronic variable valve timing and lift to the force-fed V-8, a tweak that brings 40 additional hp and 22 more lb-ft of torque.

Horsepower now stands at a stout 540—97 more than in the 750i, which uses this same basic engine, albeit with smaller turbos, different heads, and different pistons—and torque is 538 lb-ft. For further perspective, the B7 even has a few more ponies in the stable than does the twin-turbocharged V-12–powered 760Li. The Alpina’s top speed has increased from 175 to as high as 194 mph. An automatic engine stop-start system is now standard because one comes on all 2013 7-series models, not because it will matter to B7 buyers." - http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review

I'm not sure if they are referring to the old N63 or the new N63T.. The fact the N63T uses bigger turbos means it should be easy to kick up boost to 630HP but I think the fuel injector duty cycle would be be too high and require a fuel system upgrade? Maybe the fuel delivery system also needs an upgrade? No one bothers to drop a huge upgrade system for the F01 as they can make more money modifying expensive AMG and M cars instead? Charging $3k for just an electronic firmware and soldering modification is insane.
The b7 has different turbos/intercooler.. so not what works for the b7 will most likely not work for the 750i...

I'm assuming by tuning the n63tu you not only raised the boost but also adjusted the fuel map?

--100 hp increase; I'm curious in to how many pounds of boost over stock youre running..
--A/F ratio; how did your car run @ idle/WOT?

**I'm pretty interested in this tune as well...
Appreciate 0