View Single Post
      09-15-2016, 11:05 AM   #4
tidal k
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f01 750i

Yea a lot of people were surprised.. "What the hell is this big boat doing here?" haha. I had it Sports +, not disabling traction all the way and it responded pretty well. When the tail would kick a bit... it didn't bog the car too much as it would under comfort/normal.

Post up some stuff if you go to the track!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackGT View Post
She looks real good on the track! Honestly, I must say these big-body BMWs are deceptive surprising on the track with the right modifications.

The GT shares the same wheelbase platform as the F01 infact, and I had H&R's on my last car too. I tracked the car at MPact two years ago. Although it was mainly roll-on racing, there was a little section near the end of the track where we could some nice sharp bends, and it allowed me to really push the GT hard in the corners. I was amazed by the level of control the car had, even when the tail kicked out (DTC was off) around a few curves. Everyone who rode shotgun said the car felt so much smaller than it was.

Now with my new GT, i have coilovers thanks to CKS Suspension. I thought the H&R's were good, but the coilovers are just a whole other level. My friend lent me his new C63-S Edition 1 for a couple days, loved the car. Amazingly though, after I had the coils done, the GT felt nearly as small as the C63 in the bends, I felt way more confident taking corners harder. On an even better note, the ride quality is much improved over the H&R's too, as it's less bouncy.

I can't wait to take my new GT to the track when it's done. Sure, it's not M4 GTS, but at the end of the day for its sheer size it handles quite well, and it's a hoot to drive.
Appreciate 0