Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Why don't they know that 7 grill is way too big? Looks like Clifford. The previous model looked awesome and I frequently mistake it for a 5 series, looks sleek and smaller than it is, which is what you want for a large, sporty sedan. This big nose does the opposite.
I don't know about wanting it to look smaller than it is, I would much rather it feel smaller than it is. If I were to get a 7 series, I certainly wouldn't want it mistaken for a 5, I would want it to portray every bit of road dominance possible. The N74 certainly helps with the M760i, but proportions play a much larger role for the rest of the line.
It's not a presence thing I'm talking about, just that it appears smaller than it is, same way I feel about the newer 5. They're all getting so big..., so when I say "look smaller," I mean not look as huge as they are. I see that as a good thing.

I have the new X5, biggest one yet, but somehow doesn't look nor feel that way to me (until you park next to an F15 or E70..). Seems the same, has the same presence on the road, even though it's bigger. So again, a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry, this is all off-topic. Just my reaction to the image of that big nose on the red 7.....
Appreciate 2
NEfan5082658.50
clee1982797.50