AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
It's grown on me a lot. They needed to do something about the front as it looked very pedestrian next to the S-class. Rear looks much better as well!

Unfortunately it would have been too costly to remedy the weakest point of the car, which was its dash design. Still a major letdown in that regard. Rest of the interior is great but the focal point of the interior is still boring.
Well, the dash could be a little more snazzy but my year in architecture school taught me that "form follows function", and for the most part (nothing is perfect) the 7 series dashboard ergnomics are very good. Maybe I have gotten used to them. My only complaint is that the old style BMW red/blue temperature wheel was much easier to set than the electronic sliders in the existing G12 -- and better than having the setting buried somewhere in iDrive.
Appreciate 0