View Single Post
      06-01-2019, 01:10 PM   #1
malibu3
Rep
Drives: 2011 740i

Dealership failed me...

I took my car in bc I had jerky shifts, a whining noise, and a fluid leak. Dealer ran codes and told me I needed a new transmission. They said my mechatronics failed. (They replaced my mechatronics 2 years ago) My bill was estimated to be $18k for parts and labor... they also recommended a lot on unnecessary and overpriced preemptive repairs such as changing water hoses... I have a 2011 with 125k miles. They have a sales guy who lurks in the service area and they immediately try to sell me a new car while lowballing me on a trade in bc they say I need a new tranny. I decline the repair, and I dont want a car note so I get my baby and take her home. I log on and research only to find that BMW tranny oil is the same color as motor oil. I jacked her up and find out that I'm low on tranny fluid. I fill her up and reset the adaptations. Now she drives like a new car! No jerks. No whine. Still have the leak though. I jack her up a week later and do an inspection... The leak is at the transmission cooler line connection to the cooler! I need a damn O-ring! They tried to sell me a new car when all I needed was a .49 part! United BMW of Gwinnett's service dept is terrible... #Ineeded2vent
Appreciate 0