vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Sleazy sales tactics? Oscar and Maria don't exist. Oh wait, it's Marty and Leslie. Part of me wants to call this guy out.
I used to get those in the mail all the time from our local Mopar dealer, telling me that they had someone looking to buy The Mighty Dodge. Trust me, everyone who has ever seen The Mighty Dodge wants to buy it, being the last pre-DPF diesel with a 6-speed manual gearbox and manual shift transfer case. Unfortunately, they can't afford to buy my unicorn!

We also got an interesting offer letter for my DW's old truck from them. If we brought it in, they would put us in a new truck and the payment wouldn't go up one cent. Since her truck was long since paid off and we had the offer in writing, you can bet that we rushed right down to the dealership to collect that brand new $0.00/month free truck! Come to think of it, the crazy offer letters stopped after that when I threatened to get a lawyer to make them honor their written offer. Not that my DW would have taken a new truck either at the time, since she wouldn't give up her own unicorn 6MT and Mopar didn't offer manual transmissions in their new trucks.....
Buug95917725.50