View Single Post
      04-01-2024, 09:25 AM   #130
Grease23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

A co-worker bought a 2022 Gladiator. The valve train came apart at 4,125 miles, ruining his engine. The manufacturer wanted to buy it back, but he had spent a fortune upgrading the suspension, wheels, and so on. They replaced the engine, and agreed to treat it as a 'certified pre-owned' vehicle, giving him a 100,000 miles 7 year warranty. So far so good.

My 2021 Cherokee Trailhawk is starting to have a similar noise from the valves, and I need to take it in. 67,000 miles. Fortunately, it really was a certified pre-owned and i have the extended warranty. Except for this, we've been very happy with it. Fuel economy is much better than claimed.

The thing about Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat that particularly irks me is that they don't react to a known problem by fixing it in subsequent model years or repair parts. We had a Jeep Liberty, and like so many others, the passenger side window went down one day and got stuck. (For some reason, it usually happens on that window.) A little plastic piece inside the door breaks and has broken on lots and lots of these. Go to the dealer and they will sell you the exact same part. Go on Ebay and you'll find an enterprising fellow makes the replacement part -- for less $$ -- out of aluminum. Apparently the part is popular enough somebody in China copied his solution. But not the vehicle mfg, no way.

These cam problems on the V6 have been around a long time. If you ask a service manager if Jeep has fixed it so it won't happen again, you get a blank stare.

Last edited by Grease23; 04-01-2024 at 11:36 AM..
Appreciate 0