Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM5PAV View Post
Yea, thanks for assuming I’ve driven one.

Idk why you are trying to convince me Porsche makes good vehicles. I agree.
It’s not a car though
That’s really the end of it for me.

It’s nothing at all like driving a sports car. You can make it go as fast as you want, make the suspension as stiff as a board, and lower it as much as possible… and it still will not nearly capture the fun of a base cayman, not for me anyway.

I wouldn’t consider a BMW m5 to be a sports car, or even a g80 m3 for that matter. Those are luxurious and sporty family cars or passenger vehicles.

The driving position in an actual sports car like the 911, or even a gr86, is what it is. And an suv isn’t it. You’re starting from an impossible position because if you wanted a sports car… you’d just get one.

An SUV is always going to fail at being a sports car. I’d rather drive a mt Honda civic or a gr86, or a BMW M3 for fun than a Porsche suv. Considering the m3, it’s about as close to suv as I want to get. It’s fairly large, fits 5 people, has a lot of trunk space… between it and a Macan there’s not a large difference in space, I just tested that out recently. But as the driver I will have more fun in an m3

I like Porsche SUV. Very luxurious, very nice ride. Fast and looks nice inside and out. But, was also boring to drive.

In general suv make little sense, l’d rather than that Porsche take a Ford F150 or maybe even a Bronco if I desperately wanted something that looked like an suv. At least the bronco’s roof comes off.
I never said it was a car. I said it drives like one.

It’s not a 911. Not sure how old you are, but a 911 isn’t really practical for family needs. So, when the day comes to pick up the kids from school, ease the turbo out of the garage, grab the children, and take the back roads home.

I’d bet you my M3 (you know, not a sports car), that you have a smile on your face in 30 seconds.