04-29-2023, 07:20 AM   #12
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
When I first got mine, I sort of felt the same, but the more I see it (and the more compliments I get (e.g. "badass car")), the more I am changing my mind. Yes, it is a kind of confirmation bias. But this car has a presence from its size and, yes, from the styling, that sets it apart. It also handles exceptionally well and the interior is spectacular. To be sure, it is not to everyone's taste, but I am really liking it now, and since 7 series sales are up just about 2x 1Q 2023 over 1Q 2022, there seem to be lots of people who agree. But hey, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. I'm just very happy I did.
I believe every time a manufacturer introduces a new model the sales are up. This happens for all brands. The key is how it holds up a few quarters after. The i7 looks different and stands out more in the iX or XM kind of way. I am sure there are people that like that styling. My wife did not think twice before buying an iX, although, I would not have gotten it because of the styling…
Appreciate 0