View Single Post
      03-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #39
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

Look at MLPs. Master Limited Partnerships. These are midstream energy companies that are involved in oil, gas, and coal transportation, storage, processing, etc. The Alerian index has made a 15%+ return since the mid 90s. They pay fat increasing distributions too.

The largest name in the sector is Enterprise Products Partners LP. EPD on the NYSE exchange. It has returned over 20% annually since 1999.

Best asset class over the long haul. You can corroborate with some googling. Great projections going forward as it is a domestic energy infrastructure play. No Arab oil involvement.

For you Canucks, Enbridge Energy has an MLP subsidiary. Enbridge is a Canadian company....

Feel free to PM me for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
1) Where would be the best place to get an all-around idea of what the investment market is like?

2) What is the best way to make the make the highest returns on $400k with a balance in risk? Obviously I don't want to be making 110% returns since the risk is most likely astronomical.

3) Looking at a 1-5 year period of investment. Hoping to at least double my money.

4) Mutual Funds are the common thing I hear about, what else do you guys think? Only reason why I'm posting on OT is because I know some of you here know what you're doing.

5) Any financial forums worth looking at?