11-27-2020, 11:34 AM   #222
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Well said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
My friend, you guys are the reason I started that thread and for the very reasons in the OP. You and M5theonlyone are the purveyors of the Anti-Hamilton and Mercedes must be cheating propaganda.

There is ZERO evidence that Max is faster than Lewis.

You can base it on historical data, current data, and even with an interpolation over car performance. Hamilton has won EVERY wet race bar one since 2013 and you guys STILL say VER is the rain-meister. This is literally insane. He has ONE wet race win since he has been in F1 and 2 good wet performances including that win.

Now on to raw speed which can be most demonstrated in one-lap performance either in the race on on Saturdays in Q3. As I stated in another post, Max has had over 20 opportunities at tracks that give the Red Bull a performance advantage in quali and over a race distance. These are facts. Yet his performance has been 2 pole positions and 9 fastest laps. This is very damning.

He threw away a race win in Turkey because he was devastated after thinking he would win pole-position and was destabilized for the rest of the weekend. He had, by far, the fastest car on race day and did nothing with it. Nothing.

I believe that Max is in the top 4 drivers on the circuit with HAM at the top. I even praised his first Championship level drive earlier this year. He was, in that win, everything a team could ask for.

I will now put on my senior management hat and share with you my diagnosis of the problem just as I would assess one of my clients. The problem, as I see it, surfaces as an inability to worry about his own game. Both he and his team worry too much about Mercedes and HAM. The first thing I would do if I were Max is insist they go to a lower rake and longer design. There is now ample evidence that it works best provided the car can be induced to rotate properly. This will also give Adrian Newey, the Aero-whisperer, more surface area in which he can work his magic. Additionally, I would get more input from the 2nd driver about the cars performance. They have gone down a self-limiting development pathway and exacerbated it by using Max only as the reference. Sometimes you go faster by moving more slowly in certain types of track situations. Most importantly, I'd scrap the company culture starting with Darth Marko and tell everyone else, including Max to STFU about other drivers and look inwards on doing those things necessary to improve himself, the leadership he evidences in the team (if any), and remove all other toxins from his influence at the track. (Jos) This would be a good start.

I look forward to you and the other RBR supporters holding the team accountable for their lack of success as we do here in the states for the teams we support.

Max is a great driver and may be a generational talent, time will tell...but currently he is no Lewis Hamilton based on actual evidence and performance. Lewis wins races he is supposed to win AND races he isn't supposed to win. Max doesn't do the former yet and definitely not the latter.

Cheers, my good friend and I look forward to more FACTUAL debate.
mk
Well said MK,
The observation regarding the RBR's higher rake makes complete sense. And your comment re Newey's lack of results to deliver his expected aero-magic is spot-on.

Last edited by racerbruce; 11-27-2020 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34183.50
minn1914021.00