01-14-2023, 08:52 AM   #41
carjoy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i M-Sport

Garage List
2016 BMW  [0.00]
It’s clear some “enthusiasts” will move kicking and screaming to EV M products, while others will readily embrace change. After over 100 years of ICE reign, certainly passions are high and nostrils are flared at talks of its demise.

It’s not just progress, some hidden agenda or the environment that are vectors of change, it’s also our innate and irresistible urge as humans to improve and innovate. What would have happened to the leap from steam power to the ICE without those forces at play?

We all romanticize what is familiar and dismiss the unknown, we sometimes gawk at change as some evil agent sent to destabilize the neat little boxes we make into our perfect world, but the truth is change IS the only constant and as a community of car enthusiasts, it’s that very change that has given us so many of the cars we know and love.

We are at the cusp of a new era for the automobile and some of our most beloved cars are changing too and that can be sad, scary and deflating. The posters we had on walls of Lambo’s, Vette’s, Mustangs, etc.., of roaring gas guzzling V8’s with a manual and no nanny’s will be replaced by new electric cars. But the very things that made us into car nuts are the very things that will help us embrace this brave new world.

I am confident that neither Porsche or BMW or any performance car mark wants to intentionally dilute their brand or let down the very customers their success depends on. Therefore, I am optimistic, if not excited for what is to come, for the next big leap.

Change is inevitable. Let’s give these EV’s time to develop, to improve, to break old norms and open new hearts! Who knows, maybe one day an M2 E-Power poster will end up on that proverbial wall.
bonsai84.00