Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Is this because you guys have like a lot of features? Probably because I drive an F82 M4 and there aren't that many "luxury" features per se. Remote start wasn't even an option on F82.
Yes i have these "luxury" features but not by choice It is a way BMW Australia can inflate the purchase price of the vehicle ie DAP is standard across the X5 range but we do not have eTJA (Traffic Jam Assist) TLA (Traffic Light Assist) or aSLA (Auto Speed Limit Assist) working here and even some of the earlier models still do not have Lane Change Assist or Assisted Driving View even after these software updates. Options here are very expensive for example, the factory towbar option costs 3 times as much as a US customer would pay and it is the same one you get not the fold away EU towbar.

The digital smartphone key option promoted in BMW's email is not visible in the App despite my car having the hardware to support the feature and the OTA software update via the smart phone is "greyed" out. Currently several "G" series owners here are getting onboard notifications about 2020/11.xx OTA updates but it is being downloaded directly to the car which is extremely slow if you live outside the main cities