Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmc1 View Post
Hi everyone.

I ordered a G11 730d back at the beginning of July. After a few delays the car was finally built and moved to status 182 on the 16th December with a delivery for w/c 27th December. I was really looking forward to picking it up after Christmas and my dealer told me it had arrived at Southampton docks when we spoke on the 23rd Dec. Anyway, Christmas comes and goes and no sign of the car. First week in Jan and my dealer tells me it will be here by the end of the week at the latest. Get to the Friday and still no car! So I finally spoke to the dealer who apologised and said he had received the wrong information and that my car had been built, but was still waiting at the plant for a couple of components to be fitted. He forwarded me the email from BMW UK to say this was due to the semiconductor shortage and they can’t tell me when it will be finished and shipped! So I am chasing the dealer daily for updates but no one can tell me when the car will be fitted with these parts. It’s incredibly frustrating to say the least! Anyone else having a similar problem? I have read a few threads about G80/82 waiting in QA for months but as far as I’m aware mine has passed this point. My car could be a week away or months away!
I was lucky I ordered a day or two before you and got a factory build delivered in September so my fears in the OP were not realised but clearly I got in just in time.