12-26-2008, 06:45 AM   #86
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling_singh View Post
So if the only pro for the PS3 is the BluRay drive, what are the pros for the 360 that differentiate it from the PS3 and are indicative of value added into the console?

And if you think the only benefit of BluRay is in movies you're sorely mistaken. Metal Gear Solid 4 used almost a full double layer BluRay disc (50GB). If MGS4 is to come out for the 360, to get that much content on an equal version of the game you would need at least 5 or 6 DVD-9's

If you look at the game of the year contenders for 2008, 2-3 of the games (Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2) are PS3 exclusive. Only one is for the 360 (Gears of War 2) and the other two are multiplatform (Fallout 3, Grand Theft Auto 4).

If you look at the games coming out in 2009 The PS3 has a much stronger stable of exclusive titles than the 360....Off the top of my head I can list Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Infamous, Killzone 2, MLB The Show 09, White Knight Chronicles, and (possibly) MAG. There's also a Team ICO game supposedly on the way in 2009 (makers of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus) as well as a David Jaffe project -- supposedly the next Twisted Metal.

The 2009 exclusives for the 360? Halo Wars, Mass Effect 2, maybe Bioshock2 if it's a timed exclusive, and Star Ocean 4. I must be missing some games so please feel free to list any (for either console), but the PS3 is easily going to outpace the 360 in terms of exclusive content.

The PS3 has the benefit of having the PS2 as its predecessor and Sony Computer Entertainment as the first party developer. There is an embarrassment of great titles in its back library. Given the fact that the PS3 game development has a much longer learning curve, and given the fact that developers are just now starting to get past that curve we're about to see some really good titles come down the pipe.

On top of all that, you have the mandatory Digital TV transition in February 2009. Killzone 2 will be coming out around the same time, and I'm almost certain that there will be a pricedrop coming out. IMO the PS3 already represents tremendous value at $399, but then again I buy BluRay movies, I play games, I use the DLNA all the time, as well as the Remote Play with my PSP. Once the PS3 drops below the $300 psychological barrier people will stop hating on the PS3. It will be better priced for consumers, and it will actually have a stable of great exclusive titles for the year. Microsoft's 3 year warranty program on the RROD is on the verge of expiration and I wouldn't be surprised if in 2009 they announce an XBox 3 that's in development and slated for release in 2011.
Since no one else has replied I will.

1. The 09 exclusives coming for the 360 will be far more enjoyable because they come with xbox live. Even if Sony brings more games for 09, they won't have the "umph" factor that the 360 does.

2. The PS3 40gb can't even play PS2 titles, It can't compete with the Xbox premium.

3. There will be NO price drop. Don't be so certain. The fallowing article clearly states it.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/29/s...-holiday-seas/

4. The xbox 360 will have a 6 year life cycle. While rumors of a PS4 of being in the works have already surfaced. Please read the fallowing article:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/04/d...nd-the-corner/

Now, The PS3 may be a great piece of machinery, honestly, it's just not a gaming machine. The PS3 was built to be an entertainment console. The only advantage I see with the PS3 is blu-ray. That's it.

Note: My cousin has a PS3. I have a 360 Elite.
Appreciate 0