08-08-2022, 06:23 PM   #1092
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike00 View Post
Considering this thread and your posts - thats hilarious.

I didn’t say anything specific until you argued that the only reason people don’t buy a Ferrari is they can’t afford which is insane. That is patently false and as much as I love cars incredibly stupid in my opinion unless you are making a very large annual nut.

When you start talking about that type of expense - on a depreciating asset - there’s affordability and a 200k loan for 6 months is only $3,300 month so anybody with a $200k income can afford it easily enough. Doesn’t make it intelligent.

Affordability and price take a different meaning entirely when you start getting to certain level of ranges.

He doesn't understand.

It's not just about buying a 10 year old ferrari. That's a great achievement. To own any "modern day" ferrari. Or if you're a wealthy car collector, you probably have 10 ferraris.

But to discredit a car makers long term goal, of designing one of the best mid engine cars with the most powerful NA V8 in production, just to call it a fake and that you rather buy a 10 year old ferrari instead? That makes absolutely zero sense.

If you ask me what would i rather have. The ferrari 458, thats over 10 years old, maybe with 20-30k miles, unknown history of the car and i don't mean the maintenance, i meant the abuse, no warranty, slower in performance, wear and tear on everything else in the car like interior, electrical etc.

OR, i can try out GM's first supercar. With a full warranty, a more modern, better engine (until we know more performance data), faster (until we know more performance data), equal in looks (yes seriously, maybe a slight edge to the C8Z as the 458 is already looking outdated) and that's cheaper. PLUS i can have other cars in my garage as well. Like an M3, my tesla, and another corvette.

I would absolutely choose the latter. Which is what i'm doing.

If i was rich, i'd have both cars, plus a lot more. But i'm not. I could get a 458. Even a 570s. But that would stretch my limit on cars. And i would probably just have my tesla and a 570s. I don't want to do that. I like variety.

Corvettes are the best at having your cake and eating it too. They are affordable reliable powerhouses that look good.

The C8Z is just the first time when it entered supercar territory, and the slight price bump reflects that.

I rather have 4-5 cars than 2 basically.
Appreciate 0