View Single Post
      02-04-2020, 05:45 PM   #12
5tayTuned
Rep
Drives: 2013 750Li

So I've done all the cheap exhaust mods you can do to my F02 and here is the verdict.

Cut off Rear Mufflers: (like OP did) Sounds good but very annoying drone inside car at almost all cruising speeds both city and highway.

Straight Pipes: WAY TOO LOUD! won't pass emissions, etc.

I feel like my current setup is the BEST... but I have a tune to take care of check engine light and pass emissions.

Current Setup: 3" Catless Downpipes connected to 3" pipes, with all mid section resonators deleted, connected to stock rear mufflers (the ones OP cut off). So basically I've got just 3" pipe coming off each turbo all the way back to the mufflers. By enlarging the pipes all the way down I get way faster turbo spool and more flow. The stock pipes are 2.75" and have front and mid resonators.

The reason for keeping the stock mufflers is to eliminate the drone. Also, the stock mufflers have vacuum actuated valves on them that open and close automatically under load. So they're closed when you're idle or cruising and they open up when you get on the throttle. THIS is by far the BEST setup in my opinion... nice and quiet rumble in parking lots and wide open loud ass exhaust when you're on it!

If you didn't want to do the downpipes and larger exhaust pipes, you could just delete the front and mid section resonators under the car... this will give you a nice rumble without being overbearing or causing drone. Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0