View Single Post
      06-23-2022, 12:02 PM   #40
Shantosh Seewooruttun
Private
Rep
Drives: Sleek

I think it is a waste to get into arguments or heated discussions because of the appearance of a car. If someone likes it and can afford it, he buys it; if he does not, he does not buy it. Not buying is the 'biggest' message people who do not like a product can send to the company concerned. You people who do not like it need to move on to some other brands - there are many options available.

I was a fan of BMW myself but not so much nowadays. BMWs were not the best looking cars except certain exceptions like the E39 and the F06, but they were not the worst looking either nor were they odd or displeasing, but the certain recent ones are like they lost the brands identity and the proportions of certain elements do not seem ok. I do not like the direction they took with their exterior designs, and the G70 is even worst. The exterior may not be ugly as such but is surely odd for a car. The front design suits more the SUV. Reliability and durability are also concerns. Bangle designs were a big change too but at least they look more like BMW unlike this G70 which looks like an Alien or something from a movie. There were things that people loved with BMW even with the appearance, but some or even many of these are no longer present in the new cars.

I seen comments like the car needs be in black to look good, but then this itself shows you that the shapes and lines on the car are not something pleasing to the eye, and they have to be made less prominent for the appearance of of car to be pleasing

The car might suit Asian markets in terms of appearance, but does it match Asian cars in terms of reliability, durability and cost of running? Likely not. Given they copying Asians or trying to make cars like Asians but with more power and luxury, they should be following them on reliability and durability too.

Appearance is something very important when buying a car in this price range. People do not buy such cars just for using it as a vehicle - a means of transport - and do not care about how it looks, else they buy the most reliable and economic cars available that provide enough comfort.

In my country, I have not seen the new 4 series on the road (the one with the big grill). So it seems people are not ordering such odd-looking cars here. Even the G11 facelift there are very few - I seen only 2 or 3, but I seen many other expensive cars from other brands. There are also a lot of G30.

I think BMW took a gamble on the exterior of G70 and they likely have a back-up plan in case it is a failure; that will likely show at the face-lift. As for the sales, if it will be low, maybe they will blame it on COVID instead of admitting their mistakes as has been the case in other sectors in several areas concerning sales, growth and so on.

Again I say: like, buy; not like, do not buy.

Last edited by Shantosh Seewooruttun; 06-23-2022 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 0