View Single Post
      12-02-2022, 01:00 PM   #11
Lovin7er
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schindlers List View Post
I don't know how to link my screenshot but I just got done chatting with someone on the T-mobile website that says "Alright, so what I can see is that you don't have to be an existing customer to get it. But what I want to offer you as well is our SyncUP DRIVE service. You'll be able to still get wifi in your car, but also have access to diagnostic features in your car. Plus, you'll receive alerts on possible break ins and towing. This for 50GB of data will only be $50 a month, taxes included. How does that sound?" So it sounds like they have different levels of plans that you can get and they are not requiring an active cell phone line to get it. Hope that helps.
Thanks for this information. I called T-Mobile to better understand, and with this SyncUP Drive, they give you a little drive to put in your car with their SIM card so I don't really know why this would not the same as using your phone as a Hot Stop. This won't work to activate the eSim in the car, that needs a T-Mobile voice line.

Last edited by Lovin7er; 12-02-2022 at 01:13 PM..
Appreciate 0